Units can process ranks and awards for packs, troops, teams, crews, ships, and posts. Units can now submit advancement for unit youth members online. Use internet Advancement to: add ranks, merit badges, and awards! Update information on existing advancements (except the Eagle Scout rank)
To use internet Advancement:
- Select the unit advancement processor. This person must have internet connectivity and Microsoft internet Explorer.
- Obtain a unit ID code from the council. The unit advancement processor attends the roundtable training session.
- Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates.
- Click the link to Access internet Advancement on the previous page. Follow the instructions in internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report.
- Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit it to the council. Save a copy for your files.
Units should submit monthly before the end of each month, or more often if needed. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update your unit and council statistics.
The district roundtables should feature orientation on internet Advancement. Each unit must select an adult to be its unit advancement processor, and this adult should attend the training. Additionally, anyone who wants to learn more about internet Advancement can review the help information.